On 2018-02-13 17:25, Pintu Kumar wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 8:09 PM, Greg Gallagher <g...@embeddedgreg.com> wrote:
>> Have you confirmed that the rtnet drivers for your system are loaded?
>> Are they built into the kernel or built as modules?
>>

> Yes, I have enabled RTDM and RTNET in kernel confirm as loadable
> module (M), and rent drivers are loaded successfully.
> As I said before, all the rtnet modules are visible from lsmod.
>
> Also, as I said rtnet loopback (rtlo) is working fine.
> But rteth0 does not come up using rent script.
>
> I even tried forcefully reserving the interface name to (eth0, eth1)
> by passing kernel command line argument.
> Now the interface name is shown as : eth0, eth1 (instead of enp0*)
>
> But still I am not able to get rteth0, rteth1 interface.
>
> Is there any thing I am missing?

I do not know the details of virtualbox and which kind of ethernet
hardware it exposes to the guest. You can check with "lspci -knn" which
kernel driver is registered for which PCI device, of which one will be
your (virtual) NIC. If the network controller is (likely) still owned by
a linux driver, check if there is a corresponding rtnet driver and
specify that in /etc/rtnet.conf, along with the device that shall be
rebound.

When using a more powerful virtualization solution like QEMU/KVM, you
will get e1000/e1000e compatible models. Those at least used to work
fine with RTnet.

Jan