Dear Jan Kiszka,

In message <9d0a8dc6-d16d-e3e2-8d20-400e5e2e4...@siemens.com> you wrote:

> I'm now wondering if we should take measures that detect or even prevent
> the setting of invalid dates in the presence of 32-bit ABIs. Or if we
> should suggest/demand the setting of -D_TIME_BITS=64 already. The clock
> is ticking... Thoughts?

As you well know, there are quite a few projects with product life
times of 20 years, so we really should start to raise awareness of
the y2038 problem.  In a case like this I think the best way is to
push forward for 64 bit time stamps.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: w...@denx.de
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will
find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it  on
the computer.