On 04/18/2018 09:33 PM, Pham, Phong wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Instead of  symbol `mmap' out of range, I now have symbol `malloc' out of
> range.  I removed  all the -fPIC in my environment.  I have to recompile
> libc???  I never compiled libc and wants to avoid it.

Of course not.

> Any suggestion on
> R_PPC_REL24 relocation at 0x0ffacd3c for symbol `mmap/malloc' out of range

This is likely happening because the default auto-init glue module for a
final executable is mentioned in the flags, you either want to pass
--auto-init-solib if you do need auto-init for bootstrapping a DSO, or
--no-auto-init if you don't care about auto-bootstrap, along with
--ldflags to xeno-config.

http://www.xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-3/html/man1/xeno-config/index.html

> I suggest you add the missing --posix in the LDFLAGS as well.  After all, I
> copied my app from this very snippet and that's why I get the error.

As mentioned in the doc you are referring to, this example is about
building a trivial VxWorks app, not a POSIX one.

--
Philippe.