23.11.2018 20:48, Jan Kiszka пишет:
On 22.11.18 18:57, leo via Xenomai wrote:
All good health.

I am trying to build all xenomai packages for Ubuntu-18.04
from the next branch for arm64 architecture.
https://gitlab.denx.de/Xenomai/xenomai/tree/next

Configuration settings in ./ debian/rules led to:
CONFIG_OPTS = --prefix=/usr \
             --includedir=/usr/include/xenomai \
             --mandir=/usr/share/man \
             --with-testdir=/usr/lib/xenomai/testsuite \
             --enable-smp \
         --enable-doc-build

While on HEAD, commit 04d874ce, all packages are not built.
Error related to the absence of html/asciidoc-icons directory
and its contents.

In Ubuntu /usr/share/asciidoc/images/icons this is a link to ../icons
so the command from the file doc/asciidoc/Makefile.am

cp -a /usr/share/asciidoc/images/icons html/asciidoc-icons || \
cp -a /usr/share/asciidoc/icons html/asciidoc-icons

simply copies a symbolic link to the directory and
completes without error.
As a result, we have a broken link in the target directory.

For example in OpenSUSE /usr/share/asciidoc/images/icons
this is the directory and no error occurs.

Patch 001-fix-copi-icons.patch fixes this issue.

After applying the patch, the compilation passes without errors,
the documentation in the $(DESTDIR) folder is present
but the xenomai-doc.deb package is missing.

Please send patches inlined, not attached, and also check CONTRIBUTING.md for the format.

I'm not seeing all details yet, but I agree that we need a clean installation pattern: first create dirs as needed (BTW, "install-d" does not need that additional test), then install (not cp) the files.

Thanks,
Jan

Good health, Jan.

It seems that the problem with copying files to html/asciidoc-icons related to the traditions of different operating systems is not the only one.
One of several inaccuracies:
https://xenomai.org/documentation/xenomai-3/html/man1/xeno-config/
Icons are missing. Broken reference to the file which is in another place.
I am currently trying to unravel this. The problem is that I do not understand the mechanism of packet formation *.deb.
So the question is.
Whether the xenomai-doc.deb package should is built automatically
or I need to write additional rules for the build, as is done for xenomai-dev.deb libxenomai1....?

A message is printed during compilation:

/root/build/xenomai/kernel/cobalt/timer.c:611: warning: The following parameters of xntimer_get_overruns(struct xntimer *timer, struct xnthread *waiter, xnticks_t now) are not documented:
  parameter 'waiter'

But this should not affect the build of packages.

--
Leonid