On 28.11.18 13:40, Josef Holzmayr wrote:
Hi Jan,

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 03:40:38PM +0100, Jan Kiszka wrote:
On 26.11.18 15:30, Josef Holzmayr wrote:
On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 01:48:27PM +0100, Jan Kiszka wrote:
On 23.11.18 13:27, Josef Holzmayr via Xenomai wrote:
- only one BSP layer so far, namely the Beaglebone. This was chosen for
     two major reasons: a) it is supported well enough in 4.4. to not need
     additional patches which might introduce new issues, and b) it is
     hardware that I have here ready for testing.

I was thinking about which ARMv7 board to add to xenomai-images (enabling
qemu will be first, though), and that is a good candidate there as well.

Another half-done topic here: CI builds. For that, the BB defconfig could be
useful too.

My local tinkering of xenoami-images to create a qemu-armhf build is
still in progress. But yes, we should have a build there too. But I

Oh, we might have worked in parallel, sorry: I've qemu-armhf for
xenomai-images locally already (just started today). Will post later.

Saw that, thanks. Given my limited time investment, I'm happy to see it
happening, and thats it.

don't think the BB defconfig I'm using at the moment is really suited
for xenomai testing. I'll certainly need to tinker with it some more.

Yes, configs is a good topic. I was playing with them a lot today, to get
some output first, then to find some reasonable debug setup. Considering to
have a "release" (measurement) and "debug" profile for configs.

- no higher automation like a kas cofiguration so far. Yet this probably
     will be the first limitation to be gotten rid of.

kas files are now in place, equivalent to the ones in xenomai-images

Preliminary results to kick off things:
- xeno-test completes successfully
- latency -t0 under load maxes at ~58µs
- latency -t2 under load maxes at ~18µs

Great! According to [1], we could then tag 63637800 also for ARM? Or do you
want to run more of the tests you have in mind first?

Given my current testing experience, I would like to not say yes or no,
as I'm not knowledgeable enough to judge. So please decide yourself upon
the given information, with those additional "hints":
- xeno-test "only" runs for 15minutes by default.
- the latency tests I did were not really more long-lived, I don't think
    any one exceeded 30minutes.
- it will be at least two more weeks until I have the long-run results.
    Could also be three. So if you want to tag rather soon, I can't rally
    help more.

OK, then I will not hurry.

Digging deeper, I now have a couple of questions. xeno-test gives me

net_packet_dgram skipped (no kernel support)
net_packet_raw skipped (no kernel support)
net_udp skipped (no kernel support)

That should be

CONFIG_XENO_DRIVERS_NET=m
CONFIG_XENO_DRIVERS_NET_RTIPV4_UDP=m
CONFIG_XENO_DRIVERS_NET_RTPACKET=m

at least. But you may see crashes then (reminds me of that open issue).

mutex_trylock not supported

Hmm, I don't recall ATM what triggers this... need to dig.

sched_quota skipped (no kernel support)
sched_tp skipped (no kernel support)

CONFIG_XENO_OPT_SCHED_CLASSES=y & Co.

sigdebug "SIGDEBUG_MIGRATE_PRIOINV" skipped (no kernel support)

CONFIG_XENO_OPT_DEBUG_MUTEX_SLEEP=y

So what do I need to increase test coverage here?

And, during the run I get

[   75.650644] [Xenomai] watchdog triggered on CPU #0 -- runaway thread 'test'
signaled
[   75.658601] sched: RT throttling activated

Is that good, bad, upgly, or expected?

Expected warning: We willingly let the watchdog bark, and then also Linux detects that this test ran too long.

Jan