Sorry, I forgot to say that with CONFIG_SMP disabled the kernel
   boots normally, and I am also able to run latency test
   (albeit with mixed results).

   Cesare Masetti
   R&D Measuring Systems - Hardware Designer
   cesare.mase...@marposs.com

   MARPOSS S.p.A., with a sole shareholder
   Via Saliceto, 13 - 40010 BENTIVOGLIO (BO) - ITALY
   Share Capital euro 15,000,000 paid in full - Tax Code and Registration
   No. at Business Register of Bologna 03354081204
   Economic and Administrative Index No. 516318 - VAT IT 03354081204
     [1][USEMAP:cid:_signatureCompleta2.1.jpg_MMAI-BM8GAW]
   The   information  contained  in  this e-mail  and  any  attachments is
   confidential  and  may  also  be  privileged. If you have received the
   e-mail and any attachments by mistake, please inform us  immediately,
   destroy them without storing or copying them on any medium, and do not
   disclose or use the contents for any purpose.
   Although our systems implement reasonable precautions against viruses
   and other threats, we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or
   damage arising from managing the contents of this e-mail.
   P  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail