Le lundi 04 janvier 2021 à 19:58 +0800, 孙世龙 sunshilong via Xenomai a
écrit :
> Is it possible to implement a real-time API to read the files on the disk?
>
> As far as I know, there is no such an interface now, but is it
> possible to achieve this goal?

I doubt it could be. It depends on what you mean by "real-time", but
disks (hard-disks and ssds as well) typically have non-deterministic
response times, which breaks any real-time promise.

There may be a way to define an api using only asynchronous operations.
I don't know enough of the low-level stuff involved in sata to have a
strong opinion on this. It's possible with some flash devices and
microcontrollers.

The other way is: do your i/o in a linux thread, communicating
asynchronously with your rt threads.

Regards,

Julien