I have three serial devices connected using 16550A.ko driver. The card
is a Moxa PCI 4-port card, where all ports share IRQ 18.
Several times per minute in dmesg I get :
[Xenomai] xnintr_edge_vec_handler: failed to get the IRQ18 line free

Yet I don't think I am losing any serial packet data (I check that with CRCs).
This is the code which tries to handle shared interrupts and generates
the message:
intr.c :
static void xnintr_edge_vec_handler(unsigned int irq, void *cookie)
    if (counter > MAX_EDGEIRQ_COUNTER)
        printk(XENO_ERR "%s: failed to get the IRQ%d line free\n",
               __FUNCTION__, irq);

Does this message mean serial data can be corrupted, or is it harmless?
Is there something I can test for you on my system?

I'm using Xenomai 3.1.2, ipipe kernel 4.19.229, X86-64.
thanks.  -C Smith