Hi,

I am very new to C but am required to use it in my new job to develop an
application which needs to deal with a file which is held in XML format.
I need to be able to search through it and then edit it and save it
back.  I have done a lot of research on DOM parsers and I have decided
to use Xerces.

I downloaded both the source and binary distributions, and have tried
everything I can think of to get my program to work with them but I have
failed.  I have tried building the xerces-all solution and then adding
my project to that solution, but I get all sorts of errors (where it is
not recognising the new types which should be picked up from the Xerces
libraries).  I eventually got that sorted by using 'using namespace
xerces...' and my program will just about compile but I am then asked
for an executable to debug.  I don't understand why my project is not
creating an exe file and running?

I don't know much about linking/building etc (especially in C).  I am
really desperate to get .NET set up to use Xerces as I am on a short
time scale and have failed to find any help elsewhere.  I would very
much appreciate it if someone who has set up .NET to work with Xerces
could tell me how to do it (in some detail!) as I just cannot get it all
working.

I appreciate I am a beginner and would be incredibly grateful if someone
could lower themselves to my level for this!!!

Thanks in advance

Nelson Dublin
University of York
UK