Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> [...]
> I request this limitation to be removed and thus allowing a DOM tree to
> be just a text wrapper, in some senses. I give you an example

Interestingly, I added a performance related feature to the DOM
implementation recently. There is now a property on the DocumentImpl
that allows you to explicitly turn off some error checking which
includes checking the node type of the child to make sure that the
parent allows children of that type.

The methods are set/getErrorChecking() and were added to improve
the FULL mode DOM construction. Check the log for DocumentImpl.java
and the javadoc comments of the setErrorChecking() method for more
information.

Assuming that we allow invalid document structures to be created,
the question that arises is how the serializers should behave when
encountering nodes in "strange" places.
--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * [EMAIL PROTECTED]