Mark Lambert wrote:
> Another strange thing I noticed with XML Schema validation: if you
> define an archetype with content="mixed", then in the absence of any
> archetype ordeing attribute, the elements can appear in any order in
> instances of that archetype.  But if you define the archetype with
> content="elemOnly", then (again in the absence of any archetype
> ordering attribute) the elements must appear in exactly the order that
> they are specified in the archetype.  If this is defined behaviour,
> it's pretty strange.

The "mixed" content in Schema corresponds to the Mixed content model
in DTDs. For example: (#PCDATA|a|b|c)*. The zero or more occurrence
count is required which allows any ordering. Whereas the "elemOnly"
content in Schema corresponds to the Children content model in DTDs.
And since the default value for the order attribute is "seq", this
explains the mandatory ordering.

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * [EMAIL PROTECTED]