Sent by:        Jeffrey Rodriguez
To:     Eric Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, xerces-j-dev@xml.apache.org
cc:
From:   Jeffrey Rodriguez/Cupertino/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        BUG:Re: Change in AttributeList.getType() between 1.0 and 1.1?

Hi Eric,

I just managed to get back to this bug today, the problem is that we changed the behavior of the parser between 1.0.4 and 1.1.x.

The XMLValidator is only reading the DTD information entirely while adding the Attributes it finds since it is
not validating them.

The default for the attribute type is being set to CDATA. A workaround for your problem is to turn on validation.

Eric Ye, has a fix for this bug that he will put under CVS today or tomorrow ( As of this message Eric has already checked his fix).

This problem will also shown on the DOMParser in API call that call getNodeByType on Attr nodes.

Thanks for reporting this bug.

Jeffrey E. Rodriguez - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Java Technologist/XML/Trancoders Server Developer
IBM Cupertino- 408-777-5987(o) 408-777-5996(f) - 10275 N. DeAnza Blvd., Cupertino, CA 95014

To: Jeffrey Rodriguez/Cupertino/[EMAIL PROTECTED] cc: Subject: Re: Change in AttributeList.getType() between 1.0 and 1.1?