Am 06.02.2011 um 14:02 schrieb Alessandro Ceschini:

-2ex is OK, it looks remarkably like the output FontForge proposes.

You probably mean -0.2ex. 2ex is twice the width of an x. This would make the two characters change positions and sequence...

Now, back to the "kerning=mykerns", I heard about a mycrotypography
package, could it be of use to me?

No. Your additions could adjust how much the characters would protrude into the left and right margins. With pdfTeX the microtype package can also adjust the width of the characters; I'm not sure whether it also adjusts the amount of kerning...

--
Greetings

  Pete

We need a president who's fluent in at least one language.
                                – Buck Henry