On 2016-01-20 17:59, Dominik Wujastyk wrote:
*Input normalization*

I left {CMU Serif Italic} as the document font, and added
\XeTeXinputnormalization=1 to the preamble

This also produced PDF that printed *correctly* in all cases.

Hmmm, is there documentation for this \XeTeXinputnormalization? I can find some references to it in a web search, but no explanation of exactly what it does. What does "normalization" mean (NFC, NFD,...)? Under what circumstances (besides the one Dominik saw) should this setting be used? I don't want to go through printouts of 300 page documents looking for misplaced diacritics...

   Mike Maxwell