On 3/13/2016 1:57 PM, Purnendu Chakraborty wrote:
I have tried using different fonts and the problem persists. I had
some Bengali documents which worked fine with an older installation
of TeXLive.  The problem appeared once I upgraded my distribution.
Also I tried some standard TeX documents, compiled successfully by
others in different system and I know how the output looks like.
Thus I ruled out font problems. Bengali text  looks alright when I
write it in gedit or any other word processor. Please let me also
tell you that not all the conjuncts appear messy but only two of
them.

Then probably the right thing is to create a minimal example which contains a few conjuncts (those that don't work, plus a sample of those that do). Then attach the source code for that minimal example--should be 10-20 lines at most--to an email to this list. That's assuming the font is free, otherwise it will be difficult for people on this list to reproduce the problem.

Given that most of us don't know Bangla, it might also be necessary to attach a PDF of the output you got, and maybe also a PDF of the correct output (what you get with a word processor).

Note: I have restored Purnendu's original subject line, which got changed to "XeTeX Digest..." in the last reply.
--
        Mike Maxwell
        maxw...@umiacs.umd.edu