On 02/13/2014 12:43 PM, Scott Neville wrote:

Hopefully an easy question, we are currently looking at the XSL-FO converter
engine for turning XSL-FO into Docx files, the application we are interested in
using it in is essentially an image database.  The idea here is that we would
have a docx document with a user defined selection of some of these images in
it.  The application is web based and due to the number of images we have (and
security requirements), we dont just save the files on the file system, they are
references via an ImageServlet service with an image ID.  So for example

http://baseurl.com/ImageServlet?image_id=52

When using this with XSL-FO converter it reports the following:

unsupported graphic format (line #9, column #473)

However if I change the URL to be the following it works:

http://baseurl.com/ImageServlet?image_id=52&file=.jpg

This works only because the parsing of the URI by XMLmind XSL-FO converter seems to be sloppy.

Normally specifying standard XSL-FO attribute "content-type" on the "fo:external-image" element would have solved the problem simply and cleanly. Example:

<fo:external-graphic content-type="content-type:image/jpeg"
  src="url(http://baseurl.com/ImageServlet?image_id=52)" />

See http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#content-type

However not all of our images are JPEG,

Then there is no easy solution.

we support a number of different image
formats as the purpose of each image may be different, so the above solution
does not work when the image is not a JPEG.  Our ImageServlet correctly sets
the content type of the image in the HTTP headers, so is it possible to have
XSL-FO converter use the content type in the HTTP header to decide what type
of file the image is?

No, not out of the box.

*May* *be* you can develop a custom, smart, GraphicFactory which takes into account the Content-Type header found in the response of your Servlet and then register it with XMLmind XSL-FO converter. See

http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/_distrib/doc/api/com/xmlmind/fo/graphic/package-summary.html

Please note that helping you in implementing a custom GraphicFactory is out of the scope of normal support.

Having access to the source code of the product would of course help. If you don't have it (it comes at no additional cost with the most expensive licenses), then we can nevertheless send you the source code of GraphicFactoryImpl.java, which is the default implementation normally used by XMLmind XSL-FO converter.

---
PS: Our .NET edition has a .NET equivalent for GraphicFactory.

--
XMLmind FO Converter Support List
xfc-support@xmlmind.com