On 09/24/2015 09:14 PM, Peter Le wrote:

Trying to figure out how to add fonts to the XMLMind XSL Server platform.

I can see that in the web.xml there is a setting pointing to the
“customizeDir”

     <!-- customizeDir

          This directory is intended to contain one or more of

          the following specifications:

          * Customizations of the stock conversion specifications of XMLmind

            XSL Server.

          * User-defined conversion specifications.

          * Apache FOP font specifications (e.g. map "sans-serif" to
"Verdana").

And inside this directory, we have a file called config.txt.

Please remove this directory and this file as it gets in the way. See below.

The question I have is – what is the format that we use to specify the
new fonts?

The file formats used to customize XMLMind XSL Server are not documented. You'll have to use a desktop application, XMLmind XSL Utility, to interactively create and test these files. See below.

Is it just a comma delimited string?

No, not at all.

XMLMind XSL Server customization (of any kind but access control) requires using XMLmind XSL Utility (yes, the *desktop* application -- http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/xsl_utility.html).

1) Start XMLmind XSL Utility.

2) Click "Preferences". Select "FOP" and specify the font mappings that you want to use for Apache FOP as explained here:

http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/_distrib/xslutil/doc/help/com.xmlmind.guiutil.PreferencesEditorDialog.html#fop_preferences

3) XMLmind XSL Utility creates a user preferences directory which contains among other things a configuration file for Apache FOP.

This user preferences directory is:

    * $HOME/.xfc/ on Linux.

    * $HOME/Library/Application Support/XMLmind/FOConverter/ on the Mac.

    * %APPDATA%\XMLmind\FOConverter\ on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.

Example: C:\Documents and Settings\john\Application Data\XMLmind\FOConverter\ on Windows XP. C:\Users\john\AppData\Roaming\XMLmind\FOConverter\ on Windows Vista, 7 and 8.

4) Restart XMLmind XSL Utility and test what you have done by converting say a XSL-FO file to PDF using XMLmind XSL Utility.

5) If the test was successful, point parameter customizeDir to this user preferences directory.

This can be done either by modifying the web.xml file by hand or if you use the bundled Jetty Servlet Container, by running controlapp (http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/_distrib/xslsrv/doc/manual/deploy1.html).

This customization method is documented here:

http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/_distrib/xslsrv/doc/manual/configuring_intro.html

Please carefully read this part of "XMLmind XSL Server - Manual".

--> Note that the above font mappings applies only to the PDF output format and to Apache FOP. If your question was about the Office output formats and XMLmind XSL-FO Converter, then please send us another support request. (Same approach; different customization from within XMLmind XSL Utility).

--
XMLmind FO Converter Support List
xfc-support@xmlmind.com