On 11/06/2017 08:00 AM, Richard Tomkins wrote:
I installed XMLMind and started to go through the tutorial in ernest.

I was starting to get a handle on the basic operation.

After creating a compound document (DocBook 5.1), I decided to take a
chance and see what the converted output looked like.

The PDF document looked OK

The Word Office Open XML, has numerous spelling mistakes throughout.

The Open Document format also produces numerous spelling mistakes.

Somethings not right.

All our products are called "XMLmind". ("XMLmind" is a brand name.)

--> If you are talking about XMLmind XSL-FO Converter Evaluation Edition, this is normal.

See http://www.xmlmind.com/foconverter/downloadeval.shtml
---
About Evaluation Edition

Note that Evaluation Edition is useless for any purpose other than evaluating XMLmind XSL-FO Converter. This edition generates output containing random duplicate letters. (Of course, this does not happen with Professional Edition!)
---

--> If you are talking about XMLmind XML Editor Personal Edition, this is normal:

XMLmind XML Editor Personal Edition includes only XMLmind XSL-FO Converter *Evaluation* *Edition* as an add-on.

Short description of this add-on here: http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/addons_doc.html#xfc_foprocessor

--> If you are talking about XMLmind DocBook Editor, whether Professional Edition or Personal Edition, this is normal:

XMLmind DocBook Editor, whether Professional Edition or Personal Edition includes only XMLmind XSL-FO Converter *Evaluation* *Edition* as an add-on.

See also "Which editor to choose?", http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/which_editor.html

--
XMLmind FO Converter Support List
xfc-support@xmlmind.com