On 09/06/2018 03:07 PM, Nelson, Robert wrote:
I attached an example XSL-FO.  When I generate a RTF from this using XML
Mind 5.5.0 the outer border of the table is missing.  If the same XSL-FO
is used to generate a DOCX then the outer border is there as expected.
I have also used this XSL-FO to generate a PDF using Apache FOP and that
produces the expected outer border.

It also works fine when generating WML and ODT.

Any idea why it is missing for the RTF?

The generated RTF contains the correct table border specification. First row starts with:

---
\trowd\trleft2
\trbrdrt\brdrs\brdrw5\brdrcf2\trbrdrl\brdrs\brdrw5\brdrcf2\trbrdrr\brdrs\brdrw5\brdrcf2\clpadft3\clpadt20
---

\trbrdrt means:  Table row border top.
\trbrdrl means:  Table row border left.
\trbrdrr means:  Table row border right.

However *MS-Word* does not seem to honor borders around the table. It seems to honor only borders around cells.

(May we forgot to specify something in the RTF we generate, but for now, we really do not see what it could be.)

--> A simple workaround for what, for now, looks like an MS-Word bug, is to replace:

fo:table border-collapse="separate"

by:

fo:table border-collapse="collapse"

See https://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/slice7.html#border-collapse

When you do this, it's XMLmind XSL-FO Converter which "merges" the borders around the table with the borders around cells. As a result, in the generated RTF, you'll only have borders around cells.

Note that border-collapse="collapse" is also OK when generating DOCX.

--
XMLmind FO Converter Support List
xfc-support@xmlmind.com