On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 7:04 PM Raul Fenossi <raulfeno...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all I think is a very good idea the change that are coming, the only
> question I have is more faster in terms of benchmarks btrfs vos ext4, alot of
> people use fedora xfce because
> are a little faster distro because is x colesterol free less I/o than other
> gnome kde distros apps and services. Is right the change? Or only for have a
> better support for containers servers etc. Remember people that use xfce are
> for workstation proposal not server production porpoises. Thanks for all the
> great job and effort the community make For fedora.

Hello Raul,

I think there are benefits to be had with Btrfs even with Xfce.
Personally, I haven't had issues even running Btrfs on a Raspberry Pi,
and that's about as constrained as it typically gets. For all
filesystems, you tend to see the bottleneck on the I/O hardware that
exists on the computer. These days, any machine at any cost range
should be fine. Btrfs *is* more sensitive to faulty hardware, but I
think the idea of knowing that your storage hardware is broken rather
than allowing silent corruption is probably a good thing. :)

The most constrained environment I've run Btrfs on Fedora for is a
Fedora LXQt VM on 2GB of RAM and 40GB of disk with 2 vCPU cores. I
noticed no issues compared to larger setups or my physical machines,
so I think it'll be fine. :)