On Sat, Oct 07, 2023 at 12:53:05PM +1100, Ian Laurie wrote:
> Fedora retired Orage (small Xfce calendar app) some while back.  I can't
> remember what triggered the decision (most likely a bug), but I seem to
> recall at the time it was perceived to be  abandoned upstream.
>
> If I'm not mistaken it appears to be under active development again, so
> I was wondering if it should be brought back to Fedora?
>
> What prompted this consideration is that tint2 (lightweight X11 desktop
> panel typically used in Openbox) calls out to Orage if you click the
> time/date on the panel.  Might be nice to have it in the repos once again.

Yeah, see this thread:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/xfce@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/BGYGWOXFEVT7SSMZRB6U7RNRLFNRRH7T/

basically it was in fact dead upstream, but then got revived later.
However, by that time the fedora package was retired already.

So, someone needs to repackage it up and submit it for review (like it
was a new package) and get it in. ;)

kevin