> /etc/X11/xfs/config
I found /etc/X11/fs/config (#comments stripped for brevity)
-----------------------
client-limit = 10
clone-self = on
catalogue = /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc:unscaled,
        /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled,
        /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi:unscaled,
        /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1,
        /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF,
        /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo,
        /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/mdk:unscaled,
        /usr/share/fonts/default/Type1,
        /usr/share/fonts/ttf/decoratives,
        /usr/share/fonts/ttf/western
default-point-size = 120
default-resolutions = 75,75,100,100
deferglyphs = 16
use-syslog = on
no-listen = local
-----------------------

> perhaps the font alias lists are also useful (not sure -- I'm not an
> expert on any of this): ls -l /etc/X11/fonts/*
There is over 2700 files in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts
These files are from standard distribution, unmodified.

> /etc/X11/xfs/xfs.options
sorry, no such file

> the "Files" section of XF86Config
-----------------------
Section "Files"
    RgbPath    "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
    FontPath   "tcp/noisy:7100"
EndSection
-----------------------

Just to prevent misunderstanding, font server and X server are
on different PCs.

> Can you recompile the X server with debug symbols on (-g) to get a
> better backtrace ... or alternatively thru creative use of gdb
> correlate the address in _fs_load_glyphs() from the backtrace with a
> line number in xc/lib/font/fc/fserve.c ?
OK, I will rebuild it from SRPM, it might take days or even weeks
to the next crash, I will e-mail you then with the results.

Many thanks,

        Vlado
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to