Carrie Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>    I cannot get X to run on my Redhat 8.0 installation.  I am using a
>    Dell Inspiron 8000 with a ATI Mobility M4 card.  I've upgraded to the
>    latest version of xfree86 and run the configuration tool several
>    times.  I've pasted the log file below.
>
>    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The automatic detection of the capabilities of the LCD panel doesn't
work correctly.  Which means that you need to specify this in the
configuration file for this to work.

In /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, in the "Monitor" section try to specify
something like this (taken from my config file here on my Inspiron
8000 with M4 and 1400x1050 panel :)/  You need to fuzz it into the
structure in your own configuration file, the important part is
specifying something sensible for VertRefresh and HorizSync:

----
Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "Monitor Model"
        VertRefresh     40-110
        HorizSync       28-90
        Option       "DPMS"
        Modeline "1400x1050" 107.85 1400 1450 1500 1999 1050 1058 1070 1150
EndSection
----

The 1400x1050 modeline is probably redundant now, when I first set
this up almost two years ago it was needed. :)

-Harald
-- 
Harald Nordg�rd-Hansen, Linpro AS  <><  http://www.linpro.no/~hnh/
PB. 375, N-1601 Fredrikstad, Norway    Phone/Fax: +47 6935 2424/25
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to