On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 00:01:38 -0800
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To: John Rizzuto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>Subject: Re: GeForce 4 and Red Hat Linux 7.2 problem
>
>>The system has an Abit KX7-333 mainboard and a GeForce 4 MX 440 video
>card. It runs Windows 98SE with no problem. I >added Red Hat Linux 7.2 on
>another partition so I can dual boot. However, it always comes up in text
>mode. I used >Xconfigurator but could not get any GeForce modes to work. I
>downloaded and installed >NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2880.rh72up.athlon.rpm and
>NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-2880.i386.rpm and changed the XFConfig-4 file but still >get
>only text mode on boot. I attached the XFConfig-4 and XFree86.log files so
>you could take a look at them. I >would appreciate any suggestions.
>inside Your XFree86.log
>(EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVdriver kernel module!
>(EE) NVIDIA(0):  *** Aborting ***
>
>Seems You have troble with kernel module.
>Try> /sbin/modprobe -v NVdriver
>if will not work, then download NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2880.tar.gz and compile
>kernel module manualy.

The best place for help with Nvidia's binary driver is their 
online web forum.  Hope this helps.

TTYL

-- 
Mike A. Harris


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to