On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Philip Pawley wrote:

>I've been a long time getting  around to reporting this problem , sorry.
>
>I'm having this display problem with several Linux distributions that
>include Xree86 version 4.2. I have not had the problem with earlier
>versions of XFree86.
>
>
>THE PROBLEM The whole screen has lots of 1px colored horizontal lines,
>that sometimes make it impossible to read the screen.  I enclose a
>screen-shot (though the problem is often much more severe than you see
>here).
>
<snip> 
Hi Phillip, 

this message is going to sound more negative than I want it to, but
there's no way around it:  please don't send HUGE attachments, like the
circa 400kb PNG that you attached with this mail, to a mailing list.  
Everyone on the list gets a copy!  Many people, such as myself, on these 
lists are using 56k modems and have limited space in our mail accounts.  
A massive mail like the one that you sent can really mess things up in 
terms of download times.

That said, I hope you get some help with your problem, and thanks for 
sharing the bug report.

Best wishes,
Oisin Feeley

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to