On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Egbert Eich wrote:
> Widiarto writes:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I wonder how many VGA adapter that XFree86 server can handle to use multi head
>monitor? I've already tried 4 and it work!.. I wanna try more than 4 but my
>motherboard only have 4 PCI :((.
> > I see on the website there is industrial PC backplane which has 18 PCI, is it
>possible if I use all 18 PCI with 18 VGA cards? Does anyone have tried this?
> >
> > FYI, windows 2000 can support until 10 VGA and windows 98 until 8 VGA
> >
>
> We have tried 16. I don't recall what MAX_SCREENS is currently.
> You may have to increase it and recompile.
MAXSCREENS (defined in xc/programs/Xserver/include/misc.h) is
currently 16.
Mark.
>
> Egbert.
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86