On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Roger Daniel F Ferreira wrote:

>Hi,
>
>After have installed Red Hat 7.0 on a Pentium Machine I've faced a
>strange problem regarding the screen.
>
>Every time I move some window or even some widget inside a window, I
>get a completelly messed screen. To fix everything, I need to to a
>manual refresh using an option on a popup menu of the desktop
>environment.
>
<snip>
>
>I don't know if may be something regarding the BIOS setup or the viceo
>card itself.
>
>On Windows 98 everything works fine, at least so far.
>
>My video card driver was detected as being a S3 Inc I86c794 [Savage
>3D]. My monitor was detected as being a SAM1055 (Samsung SyncMaster
>550b).
>
>I've searched in your site (http://www.faqs.org/faqs/x-faq/xfree86/)
>without success.

Did you try installing the latest savage drivers from 
http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html ?  There's a link to that on the 
front page of the XFree86 website along with other "Member maintained 
websites" in the "Documentation" link off the front page.  

HTH,
Oisin Feeley

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to