On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Andy Leung wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> 
> I am using Debian Woody 3.0_r1.  It installed XFree86 4.1.0_1.  I configured
> by xfree86config with proper information of my monitor and video card but at
> the end of the message, it said "Device not detected".  Here is my system
> spec:
> 
> AMD AthlonXP 2100+
> Asus A7V8X w/ audio(AL650) and Broadcom 440X onboard LAN
> Leadtek WinFast S250 MyVIVO edition(VGA + DVI + TV out) 128MB Ti4200
> Maxtor 60GB
> ViewSonic PF790
> 
> When I was installing RH 7.2 and Debian potato 2.2_r6, I had no problem for
> the monitor.  Therefore I suspected that it was my video card was not
> supported in 4.1.0_1.  However, when I checked on XFree86 web site, even the
> newest 4.2.1 does not support GF4 series card.  I tried using Generic driver
> for both monitor and video card but no luck.  Please help.
> 

  Upgrade to one of the 4.2.99.x snapshots on ftp.xfree86.org. 
That card is newer than the XFree86 official releases.


                                Mark.

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to