On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Fred Clearwater wrote:

>> > Ati won't give support for your card or any card under linux.
>>
>> This may be true depending on how you define 'support', but it hardly
>> matters as this card is well supported by XFree86.
>
>What is the minimum version number of XFree86 that provides the
>necessary driver support for the Radeon 7000?

Depends on what you define 'necessary' as.  You won't get it
running on anything less than 4.1.0, however 4.1.0 required some
patches to get things working better, but still not as complete
as what is in later releases.

I would not recommend anything less than 4.2.0 or 4.2.1 (which
are essentially the same driverwise) for any Radeon hardware at
this point in time.

--
Mike A. Harris

Zebras may well be filthy animals, but I don't know what this is supposed
to mean...  What's an ia64?  Is that the code word for "systems whose Xlib
is broken so that plane-masks don't work?"  -- Jamie Zawinski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>