Hi,

I am currently using RC2 (upgraded yesterday from 4.2.1) and is irritated
by a 8-9 second freeze of X when switching to X from the console. This
seems to happen because X is set to use a mouse repeater (that does not
respond to commands), combined with that X resets the mouse when swithing
to X from the console. This (long) freeze did not happen in 4.2.1, but
probably changed with these:

 835. Avoid endless loop when initializing an PS/2 mouse behind a
      repeater (Egbert Eich).

 756. PS/2 mice initialization sequence changed: rerun entire sequence
      when something goes wrong - this needs to be rewritten completely
      after 4.3 is out (Egbert Eich).

This is a what I think is happening (mouse.c:initMouseHW):

10 retries of
   10 resets doing
       xf86WaitForInput(pInfo->fd, 200000)
   Send first byte init sequence doing
       10000 usleep
       xf86WaitForInput(pInfo->fd, 200000)
   30000 usleep

Why reset the mouse when switching to X in the first place ? How
can it be turned off? (It can't if I have read the code correct, so the
actual question is whether it is to late to do anything about it)

Peter