Dear Sir,
I am using a Red Hat 8.0 as server and accessing files from it using telnet from a remote machine which runs Windows 2000 Professional.
The problem is that when I try starting the X Windows Server (after I have logged in the server by telnet as a user/root) the X windows won't start giving the following error:

Fatal Server Error: PAM authentication failed, cannot start X server. Perhaps you donot have console ownership?

This was the only error message given. I would be obliged if you could help me. Thanking You, Yours truly, Vikhyat Srivastava

VIKHYAT SRIVASTAVA,
C-18, I.I.P.S. Hostel,
Khandwa Road, Ring Road,
Indore, M.P., India-452017.