To whom it may concern,

I bought two high-end, dual Xeon (P4) workstations with the Nvidia Quadro4
XGL video cards installed. When I downloaded and installed the video drivers
on my machines, many of my 3D graphic software packages would crash in the
middle of doing work with a segmentation fault. I followed all the
instructions for the drivers. Tried various AGP settings as recommended by
the nvidia company and nothing seem to work. I did have to modify my
XF86Config file by replacing the "vesa" driver with "nv", and load "glx, and
remove load "dri" and load "GLcore".

My motherboard is a Tyan 2603 running the i860 chipset. Looking at the
drivers supported under the XFree86 web site, I don't see where the Quadro4
video cards are supported. My question is does XFree86 support Quadro4 XGL
video cards. I am currently running Version 4.2.0 of XFree86. My operating
system is RedHat 7.3 with kernel 2.4.18-3 smp.

Darren V. Grove
Naval Air Systems Team
Aerospace Engineer
Store Separation Branch AIR 4.3.2.5