Jesse Hutton wrote:

I don't make the Speedo fonts available to X and I have no problems.

It sounds like you're having trouble loading the Speedo module for some
reason (I have no idea why a hardware upgrade would cause that, except
for the fact that you may be using a new driver), which is used for
serving up Speedo fonts to the X server.  Try commenting it out in the
"Module" section of your XF86Config-4 file if you don't mind not using
these fonts, and you may as well comment out the speedo fontpath if you
do that.  Otherwise, you'll have to figure out why this modules isn't

Jesse