Eric Anholt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> probably said:
> Note that the diffs won't work with an up to date ports tree until I
> update them to handle the pkg-comment changes that just happened.
> That'll be -12, later today.
IBM Thinkpad X30 with I830MG graphics.
FreeBSD disapp 4.8-RC FreeBSD 4.8-RC #6: Fri Mar 7 00:47:41 EST 2003
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/src/sys/compile/DISAPP i386
XFree86 4.3.0 with FreeBSD port patches version -11.
I'm testing 4.3.0 to get support for the Intel I830 (it's only in
4.3.0), with 4.2.x I was using VESA support which is, well, slow
and somewhat cranky.
It seems to work ok generally, I can start X and kill it and it seems
fine, but if I try and switch virtual terminals while it's running I
lose anything reasonable. Screen is corrupted, graphics all over the
place, if I try and switch back to the X vty I get a black screen,
blank other than sometime getting the mouse pointer back for a while.
Once X has died I can't use the console. All vtys are corrupted and
the only way I've found to reset them is to reboot (vidcontrol does
nothing).
In the logs I get;
(II) Keyboard "Keyboard0" handled by legacy driver
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse0" (type: MOUSE)
(II) Mouse0: SetupAuto: hw.iftype is 4, hw.model is 0
(II) Mouse0: SetupAuto: protocol is SysMouse
Error in I830WaitLpRing(), now is 6724, start is 4723
pgetbl_ctl: 0x3ff60001 pgetbl_err: 0x0
ipeir: 0 iphdr: 0
LP ring tail: 180 head: 0 len: 1f001 start 7fde000
eir: 0 esr: 1 emr: ffff
instdone: ffc1 instpm: 0
memmode: 108 instps: 20
hwstam: ffff ier: 0 imr: ffff iir: 0
space: 130680 wanted 131064
Fatal server error:
lockup
The full log can be found in;
http://p.pir.net/bits/XFree86.0.log-2003-03-07
Thanks,
Peter.
--
pir [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86