Hi,

I've already asked Marc Aurele La France this question, who maintains
the ATI driver.

He told me to post my question to this address, so here it goes:

/me wrote:

[...]
I'm using a radeon 8500 (from hercules) video adapter and just
upgraded XFree86 from 4.2.99 to 4.3.0.
When I first tried to use the ati driver in 4.2.x I ran into
the problem, that my monitor was not detected correctly.
I got the error message 
| (EE) RADEON(0): No valid mode found for this DFP/LCD
although I had just a CRT screen connected to the vga output.
I had a look at the log file and it said I should try
Option "CrtScreen" in my XFree86Config... and it worked
well for me.

It seems that in version 4.3.0 of XFree86 this option has been 
removed from the radeon driver and I'm getting the same error 
message as above when I try to start X11. (No valid mode...)

On the XFree86 webpage I found the option "crt_screen" in the
ATI Adapters README file.
This option doesn't work as well. ;(

Why has this option been removed and how do I set up
X11 to work properly on my system?

I'm sending my XFree86Config and my XFree86.0.log as an attachement.
The commented part is a relict from the fglrx driver test, that
didn't work well with 4.2.x and doesn't work with 4.3.0 at all.

thanks, 
   Daniel

--
eat(this); // delicious suicide
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to