On Sunday, 23 February 2003 12:20, S S wrote:
> Hi. I just installed FreeBSD 4.7 for the first time. I'm trying to get X
> windows going. When I enter "startx" I get an error message. I've
> included the contents of the log file below. The computer I'm using to
> install this on is an old HP Pavilion 6330. Would you please let me know
> what my problem can be?
> Thanks.

[snip X log]

I had the same problem with XFree86 built from the ports on my -CURRENT.
The only way I was able to solve this problem was to CVS XFree86 HEAD and 
build it.

I CVS-ed 4.2.99.something at the time.

There is a diff somewhere for the FreeBSD ports system that allows you to 
download the 4.3.0 sources and install them.

Try: http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/X/

HTH
-Al
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to