use the "vesa", "fbdev" or the "vga" driver.

I should note that you are pushing the hardware a lot
with the most recent software, so you might be
interested in a slackware based distro for older
computers.

http://vectorlinux.com/




--- lucas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I can't even get XWindows to run on my slackware
> v8.1.  I installed all 
> packages, have a standard mouse, monitor, and
> keyboard.  the box is a 
> 100MHz pentium with 32MB of RAM.
> 
> Main error:
> ---
> (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable
> configuration.
> 
> Fatal server error:
> no screens found
> ----
> 
> I've also attached the config, if it helps
> 
> thx
> lucas
> 

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/octet-stream
x-avg-checked=avg-ok-4F2E1E16; name=XFree86.0.log


> ATTACHMENT part 3 application/octet-stream
x-avg-checked=avg-ok-4F2E1E16; name=XF86Config
> 
> ---
> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
> Checked by AVG anti-virus system
> (http://www.grisoft.com).
> Version: 6.0.449 / Virus Database: 251 - Release
> Date: 1/27/03
> 


__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, more
http://taxes.yahoo.com/
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to