On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> My 4.3.0 XFree86 server from cvs is now crashing randomly with
> the following error.. All details as below.

First, I'd like to know what version of glibc you have.  <= 2.2?

Secondly, the only way I can see this happening is when font rendering
(and certain other) modules were not recompiled.  If so, then the
following should fix the problem:

        touch xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/xf86_ansic.h
        cd xc/lib
        make install

What you have discovered here is a binary incompatibility between a 4.3
server (generated with glibc <= 2.2.*) and older modules using setjmp().

I have committed a fix for this to the HEAD branch, and will shortly do
the same to the xf-4_3-branch.

Thanks.

Marc.

+----------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  University of Alberta           +-----------------------------------+
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |
+----------------------------------+-----------------------------------+
XFree86 Core Team member.  ATI driver and X server internals.

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to