I have just upgraded (updated) to 4.3 from 4.2 on FreeBSD 4.7 - (dual PIII 450). Upgrade was done with portupgrade.
Normally this works just fine, but not this time.


When I run xdm, the logon as toor or root to kde keeps returning me to the logon. I can logon as a simple user and get the vanilla window manger. I get error messages:

(EE) R128(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed. Disabling DRI.
(EE) failed to load module "xie" (module does not exist, 0)
(EE) failed to load module "pex5" (module does not exist, 0)
[drm] failed to load kernel module "r128"

.xinirc and xsession files both have execute startkde

but i found error: startkde not found
The file is where it should be. ???

I am rather confused here, What is going on? The portupgrade worked ok, the previous installation worked just fine - nothing has been altered, changed or modified, except for the upgrade.

Do configuration files have to be changed in any way?
I'm using an ATI rage 128 video card at 1600 x 1200 resolution (if I recall correctly) with a sony MultiscanE500 monitor.


Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Phil Jourdan



_______________________________________________ XFree86 mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to