Everybody,
I need help! I'm a new user of Linux, can anybody help on how to install
EloTouch using Red Hat Linux 8.
I followed the instruction from Elo website (see below), but it's not
working.
I'm using a 2210 controller
my setting is 2210,4,9600,5
any help we be much appreciated.
junnil
Driver Installation
1. Install Linux and verify that the X Windows System is working correctly.
We strongly recommend the system be configured to start in the command line
mode and not be configured to start X Windows automatically.
2. Verify that the Elo touchscreen driver file, elographics_drv.o exists.
Typically, the file can be found at the following location:
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/elographics_drv.o.
For Redhat Linux 8.0
Edit the Configuration File
1. Edit the XF86Config file, normally found in the /etc/X11 directory. The
instructions below are for a touchscreen connected to COM one. In step three
below, Option �Device� �/dev/ttyS0� specifies the COM port the touchscreen
is connected to. Use Option �Device� �/dev/ttyS0� for COM one, Option
�Device� �/dev/ttyS1� for COM two, Option �Device� �/dev/ttyS2� for COM
three, and Option �Device� �/dev/ttyS3� for COM four.
2. Add the following line to the �ServerLayout� Section:
Inputdevice �touchscreen1� �SendCoreEvents�
3. Add the following section to the �Inputdevice� section:
Section �Inputdevice�
Identifier �touchscreen1�
Driver �elographics�
Option �Device� �/dev/ttyS0�
Option �AlwaysCore�
Option �screenno� �0�
Option �MinX� �600�
Option �MaxX� �3600�
Option �MinY� �600�
Option �MaxY� �3600�
Option �UntouchDelay� �3�
Option �ReportDelay� �1�
EndSection
4. Save changes to the XF86Config file.
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86