Hello All,
Does anybody have any experience running Xinerama on a Quadro4 900XGL?
There is one card with dual output and both monitors are exactly the
same. When I run Xconfigurator the driver gets set to 'vesa' and when I
run startx both monitors work, but they are showing the same thing in
both monitors.
I have downloaded and installed the Nvidia GLX and kernel rmps and
changed my device to 'nvidia' but when I ran startx only one monitor
worked. The other monitor showed as a bunch of lines. I read in the
known bugs section that Xinerama does not work with OpenGL. Does this
mean that it will not work with the 'vesa' driver as well. Thanks for
any information, and here is my XFree86-4 file (ps - I am using RH7.3):
# XFree86 4.2.0 configuration generated by Xconfigurator 4.10.7
Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "XFree86 Configured"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
Screen "Screen1" RightOf "Screen2"
Option "Xinerama" "on"
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection
Section "Module"
Load "dbe" # Double-buffering
Load "GLcore" # OpenGL support
Load "dri" # Direct rendering infrastructure
Load "glx" # OpenGL X protocol interface
Load "extmod" # Misc. required extensions
Load "v4l" # Video4Linux
# Load "record" # X event recorder
# You only need the following two modules if you do not use xfs.
# Load "freetype" # TrueType font handler
# Load "type1" # Adobe Type 1 font handler
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "keyboard"
Option "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "off"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection
Section "Monitor"
Identifier "DELL 1900FP"
VendorName "Unknown"
ModelName "Unknown"
HorizSync 30 - 80
VertRefresh 56 - 76
Option "dpms"
EndSection
Section "Device"
Identifier "NVIDIA GeForce 4 (generic)"
Driver "vesa"
BoardName "Unknown"
EndSection
Section "Device"
Identifier "Linux Frame Buffer"
Driver "fbdev"
BoardName "Unknown"
EndSection
Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "NVIDIA GeForce 4 (generic)"
Monitor "DELL 1900FP"
DefaultDepth 16
Subsection "Display"
Depth 16
Modes "1280x1024"
EndSubSection
EndSection
Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen1"
Device "NVIDIA GeForce 4 (generic)"
Monitor "DELL 1900FP"
DefaultDepth 16
Subsection "Display"
Depth 16
Modes "1280x1024"
EndSubSection
EndSection
Section "DRI"
Mode 0666
EndSection
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86