Hi,

I recently bought a 'Logitech Cordless Trackman Optical' which has 7
buttons plus a scroll wheel (which is clickable).
I left my XF86Config-4 as-was (see below) and was suprised to see that
some of the buttons work as expected.

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Default Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "IMPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

However it would be nice to be able to cofigure it so that all the
buttons work. I did find the following on the XFree86 site concerning
*drag lock* buttons ( couldn't find anything else though):

5.4. Drag Lock Buttons

Some people find it difficult or inconvenient to hold a trackball button
down, while at the same time moving the ball. Drag lock buttons simulate
the holding down of another button. When a drag lock button is first
pressed, its target buttons is "locked" down until the second time the
lock button is released, or until the button itself is pressed and
released. This allows the starting of a drag, the movement of the
trackball, and the ending of the drag to be separate operations.

        Option  "DragLockButtons"       "W X Y Z"

This option consists of pairs of buttons. Each lock button number is
followed by the number of the button that it locks. In the above, button
number "W" is a drag lock button for button "X" and button number "Y" is
a drag lock button for button "Z".

It may not be desirable to use multiple buttons as drag locks. Instead,
a "master drag lock button" may be defined. A master drag lock button
acts as a "META" key. After a master lock button is released, the next
button pressed is "locked" and not released until the second time the
real button is released.

        Option  "DragLockButtons"       "M"

Since button "M" is unpaired it is a master drag lock button.

How do I know which number button corresponds to my 'drag lock button'?
Numbers 1 & 2 are obviously left & right, with number 3 being the
'middle' scroll wheel (there are two more buttons above and below the
scroll wheel, 4 & 5?, which also scroll up and down). This then leaves
the 'scroll lock' button (number 6?) and two more, which I think are for
moving back and forwards thru web pages.

Does XFree86 support these newer mice? Has anybody had any success in
configuring them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Yours,

Nigel Ridley.