[This e-mail has been automatically generated.]  
 
http://bugs.xfree86.org//cgi-bin/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=44    
    
           Summary: Radeon Driver hard locks during VT switches/resolution
                    changes 8500DV DRI only
           Product: Drivers
           Version: 4.3
          Platform: IA32
        OS/Version: Linux
            Status: NEW
          Severity: major
          Priority: P2
         Component: ATI
        AssignedTo: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        ReportedBy: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


When performing any video mode change (VT change, screen res change, etc), I get an 
occasional lockup. I can get it to lock every time when the res is changed by Diablo 
II under WineX (only when it changes to full-screen, windowed oepration is fine). 
Other methods of reproduction aren't easily predictable, but it will happen if you 
switch video modes enough. I don't get any keyboard response, system has to be hard 
reset. 

Hardware:
ATI AIW 8500DV AGP
MSI K7 Master (6341) with AMD 761 Northbridge and VIA southbridge
Athlon XP 2000+
512M DDR SDRAM

I have tried lowering the AGP Aperature and speed values, none solve it. Hwoever, this 
only happens when DRI is enabled. If I disable DRI by commenting out the dri and glx 
modules, I can't reproduce the lockup. I'm willing to do any recompliation necessary 
with debugging code.

   Thanks!    
    
    
    
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to