On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Grosswiler Roger wrote:

> I am beginner, trying already since days to get connected to my linux with
> a gui. Until now, all my tries did not bring the expected result.
>
> 1) i just said putty, that it should support X11-forwarding on localhost
> 11.0. This was the answer:
> "X connection to localhost:11.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).
>
> Xlib: connection to "localhost:0.0" refused by server
> Xlib: No protocol specified"
>
> Then i changed in putty things on localhost 0. Even this did not work:
> "xhost:  unable to open display "localhost:0.0""
>
> any idea?
> X11-Forwarding in sshd_config is done!
> Perhaps a firewall-issue? or the router?
>
> thx in advance

>From what I remember x forwarding looks more complicated than it is.  I
just enabled it on the server, set up putty with just the tick box for x
forwarding, connected and it works.  DISPLAY is set for you, so no need to
do anything else.  Just start the x server on the client box if it's not
already done.

Tom
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to