I had a look at the directories and files installed by the rpm package. I then tried running the make scripts. Since there was no documentation whatsoever, not even in the scripts themselves, I did what is most typical for make scripts. I ran the make_install.sh script at the directory closest to root in the /lib/modules/fglrx/ directory. I then tried running the other make.sh script I found in the /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/ directory. This script then told me to go run the make_install.sh script which I did again.
I then ran fglrxconfig again, but the resulting XF86Config file still does not work and the symptoms have not changed. Unless something was messed up by running the scripts in the wrong order, I'll say this is not the solution to the problem. Awaiting further instructions, Paul On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 10:04, Paul wrote: > Yes. That is the whole point of an rpm package. You apply "rpm -i > <package>" and you are done. Why wasn't it just tarred files? > > Are we supposed to compile everything? > > > > On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 09:06, Estevan Cedillo wrote: > > Is that all you did is install the rpm of ati drivers. > > > > > > >From: Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > >Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > >Subject: Re: [XFree86] ATI 9000 Pro in Red Hat 8.0 with ATI > > >drivers:Multihead has dark monitor > > >Date: 30 Mar 2003 10:39:25 -0800 > > > > > >I'm afraid I don't exactly understand what you are asking. Are you > > >asking me what the version of the ATI Control tool is? I simply > > >installed the drivers as instructed at the ATI download site using "rpm > > >-i --force <ATI driver package 4.2.0>.rpm". I do notice that there is > > >an uncompiled module in the rpm package for agpart and some others too. > > >Are we supposed to use these? > > > > > >On Sun, 2003-03-30 at 08:10, Estevan Cedillo wrote: > > > > What does it say the version of ATI Menu cfg > > > > does say vesa because if that was case you did not complie it with the > > > > kernel source because this is were i got stuck. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >From: Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > > > > >Reply-To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > > > >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > > > >Subject: [XFree86] ATI 9000 Pro in Red Hat 8.0 with ATI drivers: > > >Multihead > > > > >has dark monitor > > > > >Date: 29 Mar 2003 20:59:20 -0800 > > > > > > > > > >I have managed to make use of a file generated by the fglrxconfig tool > > > > >provided with the ATI driver download. I can get an extended desktop, > > > > >but I cannot get my second monitor lit to show what is going on over > > > > >there on the second monitor. I managed to get the XF86Config file > > > > >working by commenting out "load dri" in the modules section and the > > > > >BusID line in the card device section. > > > > > > > > > >Does anyone have any idea how to get that second monitor working? > > > > > > > > > >Here is the XF86Config file and my last log file. > > > > > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > XFree86 mailing list > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86 > _______________________________________________ XFree86 mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

