On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Brian [Big5] Hsu(�j�ӼC�P) wrote:

> Hello everybody, I'm trying to build XFree86 4.3.0 based on
> LFS 4.0[1] which was using GCC 3.2 and glibc 2.2.5.
> 
> [1]http://www.linuxfromscratch.org
> 
> Following are the steps that I build XFree86 4.3.0
> 
> 1.Obtain X430src-*.tar.gz and extra them.
> 2.Edit xc/cf/site.def in order to change the directory where 
>   XFree86 should be installed.
> 3.Commented "define BuildDocDir $(BUILDINCROOT)/doc" in xc/config/Motif.tmpl
>   since I got an error when I build xc/doc,it says there is no target to 
>   make clean
> 4.make World
> 5.make install
> 
> When I make World, there is no error totally.But when I try
> to make install, it comes up with following error messages
> and then stoped.

"make World" is really "make -k World".
That is why the make appeared to succeed.

I seem some warnings from X code, but all your errors
appear to be in system header files; your includes are out of step with 
your compiler.

-- 
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison         Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to