On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, James Bentley wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>Please see the attached log file.
>
>I had a small disk running Linux 5.2.  I unsized the disk and installed 8.0 
>with everything other than the disk and the OS version the same. When 
>startx is executed a brief black screen appears then I get the command line 
>prompt again.  If I reinstall the smaller disk with 5.2 all is ok.
>
>Please let me know what I've missed or if this might be a bug.

There is no such thing as "Linux 8".  There are numerous 
different Linux distributions each of which has their own 
completely separate version numbering schemes.

Also, your uuencoded file attachment is less than useful.  Your 
best bet is to post your log file and config file on the web or 
ftp somewhere and include URLs to them.

-- 
Mike A. Harris


_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to