Hello,

I want to ask a simple question pinching me for past two years. Why the
linux system is slow on the GUI side ? I have installed and run RH 6.2,
7.2 ,7.3 and now 8 on various systems. But I get a not very good
performance my computers as compared to the performance of windoze on
the same platform (on dual boot systems). I have tried to run TUX racer
on linux and now adays I am trying to run cube, BUT it is too damn slow
on linux. Once I reboot the machine in windoze 98 I get more than
excellent performance. I have a p-2 350 MHz with 128 MB RAM and 16 MB
nVidia AGP card. Where does the problem lie ? is it the window manager ?
Where are the claims of Linux of good memeory management, etc ? I need
help on this issue. I am one of the promoters and supporters of linux
and am sometimes spell bound once some one argues with me on this issue.
Please guide.

Thanks in advance.

Kamran

-- 
Computer bugs are like shi-wrecks, they are not found unless they want
to be found."

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to