Hi, I have tried all the "Protocol"s listed here:
http://www.xfree86.org/current/mouse6.html#29 with my Expert Mouse. This mouse is really a pool ball sized trackball with 4 buttons surrounding it. The most promising protocol appears to be "ThinkingMousePS/2" because it recognizes 3 of the four buttons: 1 - lower left 3 - lower right 2 - upper left But I think the person who wrote the driver was a lefty because I would like to use the upper *right* button for button 2 (The Middle Button). Xev reports nothing for the upper right button. I have done this on another machine and it worked. I still have the xmodmap command in one of the init scripts: xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 4 3 2". Is there a change I can make that will permit me to access that button? Thanks, Mike -- A program should be written to model the concepts of the task it performs rather than the physical world or a process because this maximizes the potential for it to be applied to tasks that are conceptually similar and, more important, to tasks that have not yet been conceived. _______________________________________________ XFree86 mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

