On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Eric Humphries wrote:

> I just signed up for  this list, just curious what this was regarding. I too, have 
> an Inspiron 8500 and I'm having problems getting the display to hit the 16/10 aspect 
> ratio so it fills the screen. I'm doing this under FreeBSD 5.0 with a GENERIC kernel 
> and xfree 4.3.0. I purchased my laptop with the GeForce 4 card so I've been using 
> the xfree stock 'nv' driver. 
> 
> I'm trying to set X to 1920x1200 @ 60hz, but for some reason it will only hit 
> 1280x1024 with an aspect ratio of 4/3. 
> 
> You can check my config and logs at: http://marley.bitstream.net/~hump/

   Your config file is only setup for 1280x1024.  Show me an
XFree86.0.log from a 1900x1200 setup that fails.

   I've seen these laptops working at 16/10 with the "nv" driver before.


                        Mark.

_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86

Reply via email to